Capacitive Touch Switch - [XCTS-1M]
The Most Reliable and Versatile Capacitive Touch Switch Module on the Market
How does it work? It’s very simple, check out our short demo videos below
Capacitive Touch Switch
The XCTS-1M allows you to install an invisible capacitive touch switch nearly anywhere. It detects sudden changes in the capacitance on a ‘Touch Plate’ that results from human touch. The Touch Plate can be hidden behind any non-conductive overlay material like glass, Plexiglas, tile, wood, plastic, drywall, granite, etc. The output circuit will be actuated when that area of the overlay is touched. When touch is detected, it sources a DC voltage on the ‘Load’ output.
Invisible Motion Sensor
The XCTS-1M has a Motion Sensor mode that can clandestinely detect any human or animal passing above a conductive sensor strip that can be mounted under a floor, or under a floor mat, etc. The sensor strip and XCTS-1M box mounted under the floor are completely out of sight, forming a truly invisible motion sensor that can be installed nearly anywhere. The output voltage is pulsed whenever motion is detected. This can be used as input to a security system, or to trigger an alarm, etc.
- No moving parts to wear out or corrode over time – makes a very reliable alternative to mechanical switches
- The sensitivity of the Touch Sense circuitry is adjustable to support a wide range of applications
- Housed in a sturdy ABS plastic enclosure with mounting flanges
- Switch action modes supported:
- Toggle switch
- Momentary contact switch
- Includes a standard touch plate board that can be integrated in the plastic enclosure, or you can create your own custom touch plate using any conductive material such as copper tape, copper clad board, or virtually any other conductive object
- Power supply requirements:
- 6V-30V DC
- Current capability sufficient to drive the output load plus 15mA
- Output Load drive characteristics:
- DC output voltage is equal to the power supply voltage
- 10 Amps max output current
- Fuse protected output
- Plastic Enclosure Specifications:
- Sturdy, Black, Flame Retardant ABS
- Flame Rating: UL94V-0
- 5” x 1.3” x 0.8” in height (excluding mounting flanges)
- Two Mounting Flanges with .188” mounting holes
- For use in moisture free environments. Moisture on the touch sense surface will degrade touch sense performance
- Sold fully assembled and ready to install
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Install a hidden light switch almost anywhere
- Hidden electric lock trigger for liquor, medication, or gun cabinet
- Automotive or RV Touch Switch panels
- Interactive exhibits or displays for museums, etc.
- Any conductive or semi-conductive object can be turned into a touch switch - Even a house plant or a glass of water can become a light switch!
- Invisible silent alarm trigger - just place your hand on the counter over the hidden touch plate mounted under the counter to trigger a silent alarm
- Hidden Motion Sensor
- Proximity switch - sensitivity can be set high enough to detect thenearby presence of a person, animal, or any other any conductive or semi-conductive object or material.
- Moisture sensor switch - this circuit can remotely detect the presence of moisture nearby, without having to come in direct contact with the moisture itself.
Hide a Touch Switch Behind Any Surface, Such as Under a Desk or Table Top:
To demonstrate our touch switch's versatility and sensitivity, here we turn a glass of water into a touch switch:
We Also Recommend