K231 Stereo 3-Way Active Crossover
Crowd Funding Pre-Sales Open Now!
Support our Indiegogo Crowd Funding Campaign and Pre-Order Now at %20 Discount and Free Worldwide Shipping!
K231 3-Way Active Crossover
Stereo 3-way active crossover for Bi-Amping or Tri-Amping your sound system
Active crossovers are used to significantly improve the audio quality of your sound system by separating the high, mid and low frequency sounds and using a separate power amplifier for each speaker driver. This is called Bi-Amping or Tri-Amping.
Virtually all professional grade audio gear built in the last 30+ years have used ‘Electronic Active Crossovers’ in place of passive crossovers. There are many reasons for this, but the biggest reason is the quality of the sound they produce.
Passive crossovers destroy the quality of your sound and steal half of power from your amplifier. And that’s just the beginning of a long list of evils perpetrated by these antiquated devices.
Though Bi-Amping has long been ubiquitous in the high end pro-audio market, the consumer audio market has largely avoided any moves it that direction. Bi-amping has historically been considered too expensive for the consumer audio market due to the high cost of electronic active crossovers and the need for extra amplifier channels.
But that’s rapidly changing due to the availability multi-channel amplifiers at reasonable prices and the introduction of lower cost, high quality Electronic Active Crossovers, such as the Sublime Acoustic K231.
Comparing the current cost of Bi-Amping to the cost of today’s high end passive crossovers, where capacitors alone can run into the hundreds of dollars, Bi-amping is actually now the lower cost and higher quality option today.
Anyone who’s heard a good Bi-Amp or Tri-Amp system understands the level of sound quality that can be achieved.
Several people have commented that to us that after converting to Bi-Amping, their systems sound as good as $25K+ systems, and at a small fraction of that cost.
The first thing you’ll notice is a quite dramatic improvement in sound stage clarity and definition. You’ll begin to hear detail in your music that was previously sub-audible. You’ll notice a widening, deepening, and increased definition of the audio image. Becoming so detailed you can pick out and locate every instrument on the stage.
- Stereo 3-way active crossover for driving separate sub, mid, and tweeter amplifiers
- Linkwitz-Riley crossover, 4th order, 24dB/Octave roll-off
- For Bi-Amping or Tri-Amping your sound system
- All analog design employing only the highest quality audiophile grade components:
- Burr-Brown audiophile grade op-amps
- Metalized Polypropylene Film capacitors
- Metal film resistors with 1% and 0.1% precision
- ALPS metal film potentiometers
- Crossover frequency is selected through pluggable 'XO Frequency Modules'
- Wide range of XO Frequency Modules available to support any crossover frequency
- High, mid and sub channels are phase aligned to within fractions of a degree to eliminate distortion at the XO frequencies
- Optional Sub channel L/R mixer
- Supports Balanced and Unbalanced audio signaling
- Sub, Mid and High output gain level adjustments
- Baffle Step Compensation, Adjustable Gain, Selectable baffle size ranges
- Silent On/Off circuit – No loud ‘Thump’ when powering On or Off
- Can also be configured as a stereo 2-way active crossover
- THD Better than 0.0005%
- THD+N: Better than 0.0028%
- IMD : Better than 0.0058%
- Channel Crosstalk Less than -83dB
- Frequency Response: Linear from 10Hz - 250KHz
- CMRR (balanced input): Better than 70dB
- Input Impedance: 20K ohms unbalanced, 40K ohms balanced
- Input Signal Max: 5.5V
- Insertion Gain: Adjustable -9dB to +8dB
- Filter Topology: Linkwitz-Riley, Constant Voltage, 4th Order, 24dB/Octave
- Enclosure: Aluminum Extruded Chassis
- Dimensions: 5”W x 6.75”D x 2.5”H
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs
- Power Supply: Wall Mount AC adapter, 100VAC to 240VAC input, 24VDC 500mA output, 12W
- Stereo Balanced: ¼” TRS Jacks
- Stereo Unbalanced: RCA jacks
- Mono/Stereo Subwoofer, Midrange, and Tweeter
- Balanced: ¼” TRS Jacks
- Unbalanced: RCA Jacks