Invisible Touch Switch:
The XCTS-8M allows you to install up to 8 capacitive touch switches nearly anywhere. It detects any sudden change in the capacitance on the ‘Touch Plates’ that results from human touch. The Touch Plates can be hidden behind any non-conductive overlay material like glass, Plexiglas, tile, wood, plastic, drywall, granite, etc. The output circuit will be actuated when that area of the overlay is touched. When touch is detected, it sources a DC voltage on the ‘Load’ output.
- 8 Capacitive Touch detection circuits, each controls one high current DC output
- No moving parts to wear out or corrode over time – makes a very reliable alternative to mechanical switches
- The sensitivity of the Touch Sense circuitry is adjustable per channel to support a wide range of applications
- Housed in a sturdy ABS plastic enclosure with mounting flanges
- Switch action modes supported:
- Toggle switch
- Momentary contact switch
- Radio Button mode
- Create your own custom touch plates using any conductive material such as copper tape, copper clad board, or virtually any other conductive object
- Power supply requirements:
- 6V DC min.
- 30V DC max.
- Current capability sufficient to drive the total of all output loads plus 15mA
- Output Load drive characteristics:
- DC output voltage is equal to the power supply voltage
- 20 Amps max total output current, all channels combined
- Fuse protected
- Plastic Enclosure Specifications:
- Sturdy, Black, Flame Retardant ABS
- Flame Rating: UL94-5VA
- 4.2” x 2.8” x 1” in height (excluding mounting flanges)
- Two Mounting Flanges with .19” mounting holes
- For use in moisture free environments. Moisture on the touch sense surface will degrade touch sense performance
- Any application that calls for pushbuttons or toggle switches
- Install invisible switches – hidden behind any non-conductive surface like plastic, wood, drywall, etc.
- Automotive Touch Switches
- RV Touch Switch Panels
- Interactive exhibits or displays for museums, etc.
- Replacement of mechanical switches with reliable solid state Capacitive Touch switches
- Proximity switches - sensitivity can be set high enough to detect the nearby presence of a person, animal, or any other any conductive or semi-conductive object or material.
- Moisture sensor switches - this circuit can remotely detect the presence of moisture nearby, without having to come in direct contact with the moisture itself.
- Sold fully assembled and ready to install
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- OEMs and custom mods welcome
Preview the Instruction Manual (.pdf)