Imagine audio so clear you can hear fingers hitting the frets, the breaths between the lines, and even the spit on the singer's lip.
Converting your speakers to Bi-Amp mode is the single most powerful thing you can do to reach that kind of clarity. And this Active Crossover can help you do that.
- 2-way Active Crossover for driving separate woofer and tweeter amplifiers
- Linkwitz-Riley crossover, 4th order, 24dB/Octave roll-off
- Perfect for Bi-Amping
- Crossover frequency configuration components are on a single socketed module - quick and easy to change the XO frequency by simply snapping in a new module.
- Wide range of standard XO frequency modules are offered by Xkitz
- Baffle Step Compensation, optional, adjustable and configurable to support various baffle sizes
- Supports unbalanced signal inputs/outputs by default, support for balanced audio signaling is available as an add-on option.
- Unbalanced signals are connected via standard RCA jacks
- Balanced signals are connected via optional 3.5mm TRS jacks. The TRS jacks are wired to be directly compatible with the new hi-def audio players such as the Pono
- THD: 0.0032%
- THD+N: 0.0086%
- Frequency Response: Linear from 20Hz - 80KHz
- CMRR (balanced input): >55dB
- Input Impedance: 20K ohms unbalanced, 40K ohms balanced
- Input Overload: 3.8V peak-to-peak
- Voltage Gain: Adjustable Bass and Treble, Max 0dB
- Filter Topology: Linkwitz-Riley, 4th Order
- Power supply: 17V–24V DC, <100mA, Single positive DC rail (no negative supply required)
- Channels are phase aligned to within a fraction of a degree to minimize distortion near the XO frequency
- Separate bass and treble output level adjustments via on-board multi-turn trim-pots
- Filtered LDO regulator for high power supply noise rejection, ultra clean audio
- This is a mono device, two units are needed for stereo operation
- PCB dimensions: 3.5” x 2” x 0.65” height
- This is an intermediate electronic kit containing 52 components, and can be assembled in about 2 hours
Preview the Instruction Manual (.pdf)
Additional XO Modules are available here
Or use our Linkwitz-Riley Calculator to select any Custom XO Frequency
One of the most important specs for an active crossover is phase coherence. The alignment in time of the high and low channels. Phase doesn't get much more coherent than ours!