Imagine audio so clear you can hear fingers hitting the frets, the breaths between the lines, and even the spit on the singer's lip.
Converting your speakers to Bi-Amp mode is the single most powerful thing you can do to reach that kind of clarity. And this Bi-Amplifier can help you do that.
- 2-way active cross-over drives dual amplifiers for driving separate woofer and tweeter
- Linkwitz-Riley crossover, 4th order, 24dB/Octave roll-off
- Uses the highly respected LM4766 Chip Amp to produce 40W peak on both woofer and tweeter
- Crossover frequency configuration components are on a single socketed module - quick and easy to change the XO frequency by simply snapping in a new module.
- Wide range of standard XO frequency modules are offered by Xkitz, any frequency available on request
- Baffle Step Compensation, optional, adjustable and configurable to support various baffle sizes
- Supports unbalanced signal inputs by default, balanced audio signaling is available as an add-on option.
- Unbalanced signals are connected via standard RCA jacks
- Balanced signals are connected via optional 3.5mm TRS jack. The TRS jack is wired to be directly compatible with the new hi-def audio players such as the Pono
- THD: 0.044%
- THD+N: 0.046%
- Frequency Response Linear from 20Hz – 80KHz
- CMRR (balanced input): > 55dB
- Input Impedance 20K ohms unbalanced, 40K balanced
- Input Overload: 3.8V peak-to-peak
- Voltage Gain: Adjustable, Max 29dB
- Filter Topology: Linkwitz-Riley, 4th Order
- Amplifier Type: Class AB
- Power supply: Single positive DC rail (no negative supply required) 22V–50V DC
- Speaker Bi-Amp conversions
- Bi-Amp’ed Active Speaker System
- Portable boom-box
- Portable guitar amplifier
- Custom speaker systems
- Channels are phase aligned to within a fraction of a degree to minimize distortion around the XO frequency
- Separate bass and treble output level adjustments via on-board multi-turn trim-pots
- Low power consumption and no negative supply needed - perfect for portable battery powered speakers
- Quiet power ON / power OFF
- This is a mono device, two units are needed for stereo operation
- PCB Dimensions: 3.4” x 3” x 2” high (86mm x 76mm x 51mm)
This is an intermediate electronic kit containing 85 components, and can be assembled in about 1-2 hours
Preview the Instruction Manual (.pdf)
Additional XO Modules are available here
Or use our Linkwitz-Riley Calculator to select any Custom XO Frequency
One of the most important specs for an active crossover is phase coherence. The alignment in time of the high and low channels. Phase doesn't get much more coherent than ours!